Reyes White Delight Banana Coconut Muffins
By Beth Heiserman
Growing up, my grandma always made the best banana bread. I still have her recipe on an index card. This is my version that is gluten free.
I also remember in 2003, going to Maui. We did the trip to Hana. On the way, we stopped at one of the many fruit/banana stands. They had fresh banana bread made with fresh coconut water and flour. My friend Joel had gone on an excursion the next day and he across a lady that kept saying she had the best banana bread. I did go visit her before I left. It was delicious. It was light and fluffy. I tried to make sure this version is very light and fluffy. Sometimes you might find gluten free recipes that are very dense kind of like eating a cardboard brick. You will be surprised that this might be the best version you will ever have.
I will be serving these muffins at the Reyes Winery Hike June 22, 2013.
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup palm sugar
- · 4 completely black bananas
- 2 tbsp Reyes White Delight
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
1. Combine oil, eggs, bananas, sugar and Reyes White Delight.
2. Slowly add the dry ingredients until well blended. Fold in the coconut.
3. Prepare paper muffin liners.
4. Divide batter evenly among the 12 muffin liners. They should be about 3/4 full.
5. Bake at 350 degrees in a preheated oven for about 27-30 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.