Reyes Syrah 2010 Sloppy Joe’s
By Beth P. Heiserman
This is an updated version of my child hood favorite, Sloppy Joe’s. Every once in awhile, my mother used to make them. It was always fun to get messy when eating dinner. I remember her making them with either ground turkey or beef. A few years ago, as I was walking down the aisle where I saw a can of the mix, I thought to myself, why don’t I make these tonight. I bought the ingredients minus the mix and called my mom for her recipe. I did make them that night with buffalo. Turkey and buffalo are similar that the fat content is very low. Make sure you don’t over cook it or it will make the dish dry. I hope you enjoy this updated classic as much as I do.
2 tbsp Butter
½ cup Reyes Syrah 2010
1 lb of ground turkey
1 onion, chopped
12oz package of sliced mushrooms
1 28oz can of fire roasted tomatoes
1 5oz can of tomato paste
1 tbsp parsley, chopped
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp kosher salt
1. Melt butter in large sauce pan over medium heat.
2. Saute onion with salt and pepper, for about 5 minutes.
3. Add ground turkey, and continue cook until done. About 5-10 minutes.
4. Add Reyes 2010 Syrah
5. Add tomato paste and fire roasted tomatoes.
6. Cook about 5 minutes until warm. Add parsley.
7. Serve on a hamburger roll.
For more information or any questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com