Is Your Beverage Vegan?
With more emphasis on organic and vegan options winemakers are changing the way they make wine.
by Beth P. Heiserman
What do you know about your wine? Is it vegan? How can you find out?
2012 Muscat, Estate Grown and Bottled
This is a limited production wine. It has notes of peaches and honey with a delicious tangerine finish. It’s remarkably delicious on its own. Pairs with: Spicy sesame chicken, Peach Stilton cheese, or a Peach galette with honey-infused goat cheese.
Price $: 24.00
Reyes Winery Muscat 2011 Lemon Cake with Reyes Winery Muscat 2011 Blueberry Jam Filling and a Reyes Winery 2011 Muscat Butter Cream Frosting
By Beth Heiserman
Ingredients for Cake
½ cup oil
½ cup Reyes Winery 2011 Muscat
½ cup water
¼ cup lemon juice
1 ½ cups of sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
½ tsp kosher salt
3 tsp of baking powder
1/2 cup of dried blueberries
Directions for Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In bowl, sift flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, mix wet ingredients; eggs, oil, Reyes Winery 2011 Muscat, water, lemon juice and sugar.
- Slowly add sifted dry ingredients to…
Reyes Muscat 2011 Meyer Lemon Muffins
By Beth Heiserman
2 cups of all purpose flour
3½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp kosher sea salt
½ cup non fat milk
½ cup Reyes Muscat 2011
½ cup sugar
1 egg or 2 egg whites
½ cup oil
3 meyer lemon’s Zest
- Sift dry ingredients on bowl.
- Mix egg, sugar, milk, oil and Reyes Muscat 2011 in mixing bowl.
- When wet ingredients are combined, slowly incorporate the dry into the wet.
- Fold in zest to mixed ingredients.
- Spray Pam cooking spray into muffin tin.
- Bake in preheated oven at 400 degrees for 20-25minutes.
- Cool and serve.
Reyes Chardonnay 2010 Peach Lavender Jam
6 peaches, chopped into small pieces
6 cups of sugar
1 tbsp of lavender in a tea ball
1 package of Sure-jell Certo liquid pectin
1/3 cup of Reyes Chardonnay 2010
- Pour sugar into large pot and cook over medium to high heat.
- When sugar starts to melt and sides of pot, looks like it is a caramel color; add peaches, lavender and pectin.
- When it starts to boil, continue to cook until frothy.
- When the back of the spoon looks like it is sticking to the back. (Take a finger and go down the back of the spoon, if you…
Reyes Winery is almost SOLD OUT of Reyes Muscat 2010. We will have our regular price of $15 per bottle available until January 19. Starting January 20, it will be available for $24 per bottle until we are sold out. There is very limited quantity available, buy our Reyes Muscat 2010 while you can. You can purchase our wine in the newly renovated tasting room. It is open weekends from 11am-5pm. You can also purchase our award-winning wines on the website at http://reyeswinery.com/ouronlinestore.
Reyes Winery will have one last event for the disappearing Reyes Muscat 2010, don’t miss this special…
2010 Reyes Winery Estate Bottled Muscat, Sierra Pelona Valley Appellation
Our especially small production of Muscat warranted the extra care placed on the vines in 2010. This wine was meticulously crafted to enhance the delicate natural sweetness of the superb Muscat grape. This creation is fairly full-bodied with light acidy.
Ripe delightful aromas of orange peel and a hint of delicate spice add a pleasureable fine distinction to the background and a bit of complexity to the sweet orange flavors.