Reyes Winery Muscat 2011 Lemon Cake with Reyes Winery Muscat 2011 Blueberry Jam Filling and a Reyes Winery 2011 Muscat Butter Cream Frosting
By Beth Heiserman
Ingredients for Cake
½ cup oil
½ cup Reyes Winery 2011 Muscat
½ cup water
¼ cup lemon juice
1 ½ cups of sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
½ tsp kosher salt
3 tsp of baking powder
1/2 cup of dried blueberries
Directions for Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In bowl, sift flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, mix wet ingredients; eggs, oil, Reyes Winery 2011 Muscat, water, lemon juice and sugar.
- Slowly add sifted dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Add dried blueberries to batter.
- Evenly place batter into 2 9” round pans sprayed with Pam.
- Bake for approx 30 minutes.
Ingredients for Reyes Winery Muscat 2011 Blueberry Jam Filling
4 cups of blueberries, cleaned and stemmed
4 cups of sugar
1/3 cup of Reyes Winery 2011 Muscat
1 certo container
Directions for Jam
- Pour sugar into large pot and cook over medium to high heat.
- When sugar starts to melt and sides of pot, looks like it is a caramel color; add blueberries and pectin.
- When it starts to boil, continue to cook until frothy.
- When the back of the spoon looks like it is sticking to the back. (Take a finger and go down the back of the spoon, if you make a line and it feels thick, it’s done.) Turn off the heat.
- Add Reyes 2011 Muscat.
- Chill and then Spread between cooled cake layers.
Ingredients for Reyes Winery 2011 Muscat Butter Cream Frosting
2/3 cup of butter, softened
4 cups of powdered sugar
3 tbsp of Reyes Winery 2011 Muscat
1 tbsp of lemon juice
Directions for Frosting
- In bowl, beat butter until fluffy (color will look lighter).
- Slowly add 2 cups of powdered sugar.
- After you have added 2 cups of powdered sugar, add Reyes Winery 2011 Muscat and lemon juice.
- Add remainder of powdered sugar and mix until combined.
- Cover cake with frosting and serve.