Reyes Chardonnay 2010 Tuna Noodle Casserole
By Beth P. Heiserman
This is a recipe that will be served at the next hike/brunch at Reyes Winery. To purchase tickets please go to http://www.reyeswinery.com/events
2 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp all purpose flour
1 cups cream
2/3 cup Reyes 2010 Chardonnay plus 2 tbsp
1 onion, chopped
2 tsp fresh ground pepper
3 cups jack/cheddar cheese
2 8oz cans of solid white tuna in water
1 tbsp of fresh parsley
1 cup of frozen peas
1 16oz packages of pasta
Salt for water
½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
1. Melt butter in large sauce pan.
2. Saute onions until they have some color, but still slightly hard. (about 7-10 minutes)
3. Add 2 tbsp of Reyes 2010 Chardonnay
4. Remove onions.
5. If the pan needs more butter add another 2 tbsp of butter.
6. Whisk in flour until combined.
7. Whisk cream until blended. Then cook for 5 minutes and slowly whisk in Reyes 2010 Chardonnay.
8. Add pepper and parsley
9. Continue to cook until thick.
10. Turn off heat.
11. Add cheese slowly and continue to whisk until combined.
12. Mix in prepared al dente pasta, tuna, peas, and onions with cheese sauce.
13. Spray Pam or cooking spray into a 13×9 baking pan.
14. Spread mixture into dish.
15. Sprinkle Panko bread crumbs on Casserole.
16. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes covered with aluminum foil.
17. Bake 10 minutes uncovered.
For more information or any questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com