Reyes Chardonnay 2010 Mac N Cheese
By Beth Heiserman
2 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp all purpose flour
1 cups nonfat milk
½ cup Reyes 2010 Chardonnay
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp white pepper
2 tsp kosher salt
½ tsp nutmeg
1 cups white cheddar cheese
1 cups jack cheese
1 cups medium or sharp cheddar cheese
1 16oz packages of pasta
½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Melt butter in large sauce pan.
- Whisk in flour until combined.
- Whisk milk until blended. Then cook for 5 minutes and slowly whisk in Reyes 2010 Chardonnay.
- Add mustard, pepper, salt and nutmeg. Continue to cook until thick.
- Add cheese slowly and continue to whisk until combined.
- Mix in prepared al dente pasta with cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle Panko bread crumbs on Mac n cheese.
- Spray Pam or cooking spray into a 13×9 baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 60 minutes covered with aluminum foil.
- Bake 15 minutes uncovered.