Reyes 2011 Chardonnay Onion and Corn Bread
By Beth Heiserman
This is a bread machine recipe. It will make 1 ½ lb loaf.
½ cup Reyes 2011 Chardonnay
½ cup water
¼ cup olive oil
1 egg or 2 egg whites
1 tsp kosher sea salt
1 tsp seasoned pepper
1 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tsp sugar
1 cup corn flour, preferably yellow
2 ¼ cups bread flour
2 tsp bread machine yeast
¼ cup sautéed onions, chopped
¼ cup fresh or frozen corn
- In a small frying pan, heat the pan and spray pam.
- Sauté chopped onions until they start to get a little brown.
- Add corn and cook for 3 minutes.
- Turn off heat and cool.
- In bread machine add all ingredients except onions and corn.
- Start machine to 1 ½ lb or 2 lb if you like dark crust.
- When machine beeps to add ingredients, add onions and corn.
- Let machine do the rest and then serve when done.
Please purchase Reyes 2011 Chardonnay in our tasting room or online at http://reyeswinery.com/ouronlinestore